Assistant Building Surveyor
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Building Surveyor for a well-established client in Plymouth.
You will have a good understanding of the nature of the tenancy agreements regarding property repairs, improvements, alterations, and use as well as a developing knowledge of; how to determine maintenance needs from both technical and functional perspectives, health and safety and other statutory requirements relevant to managed occupied residential property.
* To undertake the inspection of property and, working under the supervision of a Chartered Building Surveyor, provide detailed reasoned advice regards the management of that property to ensure the company meets its statutory obligations and corporate asset management objectives.
* To assist with the procurement of advanced inspections undertaken by others, and to interpret and provide advice in relation to results of those surveys.
* To update survey results onto the relevant IT system and to interrogate asset data to identify trends of disrepair for asset management planning.
* To assist with the design and specification of a building project from outline proposals to the completion of the tender process, to also include post construction sign off and inspection.
* To provide technical advice and writing specifications on small more complex works as and when required ensuring compliance with Building Regulations and other relevant legislation.
* To assist with planning and building regulation applications.
* To enrol onto the RICS APC pathway for Associate / Member pathway and to undertake all such training and CPD so as to become an Associate/ Member of RICS
* To work flexible hours as per the needs of the service and to participate on the on-call rota if required.
If you feel this is the job for you please apply today as we can't wait to hear from you.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.