Our client is looking for an Maintenance Engineer ideally with experience in packaging machinery/ food manufacturing environment to join their team. The role is 80% Electrical/20% Mechanical but if you are purely an Electrical Engineer the Mechanical duties can be trained. You will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organisation skills and the ability to operate within the companies Health and Safety procedures. There are excellent career opportunities in a world leading Company which promotes continuous learning and diversity.
This is a temporary to permanent role, for the first 13 weeks you will be paid an equivalent hourly rate on a weekly basis via Acorn Recruitment as an agency worker.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Hours of work: 40 hours 50 minutes per week based on a three shift rota of 0550-1400, 1350-2200 and 2150-0600 over a working week from 0550 Monday to 0600 Saturday. Overtime rates for Bank holidays will be paid at double time with all other overtime at time and a half.
Skills and experience:
* City & Guilds / BTEC or equivalent
* Time served Apprentice is beneficial
* Experience in a maintenance environment
* Experience within an automated production plant
* Multi -skilled engineer is preferred with Experience using PLC and pneumatic systems an advantage
* Fully skilled in electrical fault-finding & repair of equipment
* Proactive initiative in maintenance & asset reliability
* Ability to read engineering diagrams
Duties involved are:
* To carry out general maintenance, fault-finding & repair on packing machinery and processing plant
* To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance routines on packing machinery & processing plant
* To work under & report using a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Maximo
* To liaise with the Production Management team to achieve production and maintenance targets
* To liaise with Engineering stores/planner regarding parts/spares
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.