Technician, Cables, Soldering, Electronics / Production / Manufacturing
Job Title: Production Technician (Cables)
Salary: Up to £20,000 (DOE) + 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 5% Employer Pension Contribution, Life Assurance (X4) and much more
Location: North Devon
Acorn Recruitment is working in connection with a rapidly expanding manufacturing client in search of a hardworking, self-motivated Production Technician to continue work started with pressing demand to meet customer requirements and complete future developments.
The role in summary - To undertake the assessment and repair of all returned cables / products to the business. To ensure company processes are adhered to and conducted safely. Help the production team build new products and more.
Key tasks of the role . . .
* Cable tasks include cable assessments, cable checking, fault finding and repair
* Testing (insulation, capacity, etc), including use of a multi-meter
* Packing and palleting kit to send out to customers
* To contribute to the overall success of the business, by effectively completing production tasks, work as part of a team, support business opportunities and deliver high quality products
This advert only reflects 75% of a role and are not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to carry out other activities that are within the scope of the role.
Criteria which will be used in shortlisting and selecting candidates -
Essential criteria . . .
* Ability to work flexibly to meet the multiple priorities
* Willingness to learn new processes and tasks
* Willingness to travel to other sites/events on occasion
Desirable criteria . . .
* Electronics, engineering or manufacturing (any) background would be an advantage
Skills . . .
* Electronics - Knowledge of
* Written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
* Able to work on own initiative and prioritise effectively, achieving results against deadlines
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
* Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to problem solve using own initiative
* Excellent time management skills
* Demonstrate tact and diplomacy
* Be approachable and willing to help
Knowledge . . .
* Working in an R&D / Manufacturing / Electronics environment useful but not essential
* Knowledge of Microsoft including Excel, Word, Outlook, Office 365 and SharePoint
* Knowledge of production processes (electronics, splicing, soldering, potting, etc)
Experience . . .
* Electronics experience
* Experience of working in an engineering environment
* Experience of working in a similar role
Education & Certification . . .
* Minimum college level qualification
* Training provided
* Must drive due to location, client, and site visits
If you feel your experience can fulfil this role and you are interested in working for a fantastic company, please send a recent copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07775 407334 and speak to Daniel Thompson (Senior Consultant) for a totally relaxed and strictly confidential chat.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.