HGV Driver Class 1
Salary £25,000 - £31,000 DOE
£200 Extra Weekend Work Pay
Overnight Stay Uplift
Hours of Work - as per the Road Transport Directive Agreement.
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced HGV Driver. The key objective of this role is to undertake nationwide deliveries and unloading to different customers across the UK whilst providing the customer a positive experience.
The key responsibilities for the position are:
* Be responsible for effecting an efficient and satisfactory multi-drop delivery and unloading service to customers
of the Company.
* Ensuring efficient delivery and unloading of materials to customers whilst maintaining the valued reputation of
* Working flexibly to ensure operational targets are achieved
* Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered good
* Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order (in line
* Manoeuvre trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that
vehicle and loading equipment (e.g. Manitou/FLT) are properly positioned.
* Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience working in a transport / delivery role
* Experience of demountable bodies/boxes
* Good communication skills, verbal and written
* Experience with heavy lifting and manual handling
* Excellent customer service
* Knowledge of UK Driving standards, VOSA and company
* Up to date CPC Training
* Must have a full UK Driving Licence (HGV1)
* Prepared to spend nights away each week
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.