Global leading organisation that makes a solid difference to the environment, is seeking a Management Accountant on a 9-12 month fixed term basis.
Manufacturing background would be beneficial but must be AAT qualified.
* To ensure that all transactions entered into by the business are completely and accurately accounted for, recorded and reported.
* Continuous improvement
* To ensure that the ledgers maintained for the business unit accurately reflect the transactions entered into.
* To help Analysis of Quarterly Profitability with Profit Margin Database tool (PMDB) to ensure trends are understood and actions can be put in place to mitigate any negative margin trends
* Control data on a transactional level.
* Month end reconciliations - journal postings, accruals, prepayments, analysis and review.
* Understand Profit and loss performance and variances.
* Analyse profitability by customer/product.
* Working knowledge of SAP.
* Strong excel skills.
The ideal would be someone with an understanding of manufacturing accounting processes
Specific Skills And Abilities
* Ability to interact in a cross-cultural environment
* Ability to function within a matrix organisation
* Demonstrable business & commercial acumen in addition to traditional finance skills.
* Strong IT skills. A good working knowledge of spreadsheet packages is essential.
* Good communication skills (written and oral).
* Good people management skills (motivation, development)
* Result oriented and action-minded
* Good business judgment / commercial acumen
* Analytical and accurate, a logical thinker capable of decision making.
* Self motivated, a strong team player, but able to work independently and on their own initiative.
This role is office based and must live local to the area.
Working Monday to Friday.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.