Surfacing Supervisor - Highways
£250 - £350 per day
Location Various sites as per required
Contract to December
We are recruiting for a very exciting opportunity for a Surfacing Supervisor working for a large Blue Chip High ways organisation.Scope
- Ensure that works are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with the company Integrated Management System with due regard for the public, customers and other site employees.
- Understand the form of contract we are working to and check that appropriate management system is in place.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the quality requirements of the specification.
- Direct individual foremen, planning future workload to meet the targets of the contract plan and monitoring production.
- Place timely and accurate orders for materials and plant to ensure efficient production balancing cost against client value and adherence to standards.
- Ensure that accurate site records are maintained and where necessary measuring and valuing work, liaising with the surveyor and the customer representative.
- Manage the plant and equipment requirements. Ensuring it is procured in good time for the work, used in a correct manner, inspected and maintained in accordance with company requirements and removed from site when not required.
- Liaise with customer representatives on site and consult with the contract or area manager always seeking innovation and improvements.
- Carry out job reviews with a view to successfully develop gang members to provide sufficient skills to meet contingencies such holiday relief or sickness cover. Recruit additional operatives when required, carryout interviews and assessments.
- Ensure operatives and foremen adhere to company rules and policies. Report any failure to comply to the Contracts Manager so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Carry out any other tasks from time to time reasonably requested by the company
- Time management of self and others, ensuring all duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Respond to ad hoc requests.
- Operate in line with Health and Safety Procedures, AI's Brand Values, Competition Law Compliance and other business processes and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and workmanlike appearance, keeping clothing and PPE is a good serviceable condition.
- Collaborate with the client to achieve the best possible outcome for the client, supply chain partners and AI.
- Timely completion of paperwork in line with work processes and KPI achievement.
- Conduct ad hoc archiving and administration in line with management expectations.
- Target zero harm.
- Cardinal Rules.
- Report near hits
- Collect accurate information for incident reporting should the occasion occur
- Maximise value out of contracts
- Reduce waste materials and off-hire unused plant or equipment
- Undertake health & safety inspections
Ensure a high quality of workmanship is delivered on each scheme.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.