Building Surveyor / Project Manager / Senior Building Surveyor
Sw19 - With national Travel
Salary £45000 - £55000 per annum
25 days holiday plus PH, Pension scheme, co contribution 5 %, PHI, Life Assurance 3x salary
To provide building and construction advice to the Asset Managers on all aspects of planning, refurbishment, development and project delivery across the retail and business portfolio ensuring cost effective, timely and successful completion.
To manage projects ranging from small and conceptual works to major refurbishment and development.
To provide timely advice on acquisitions surveys and repair.
· Assisting with pre acquisition due diligence (reviewing building and M&E surveys)
· Advising on detailed refurbishment costs to feed into the business plan
· Preparing, tendering and managing refurbishment projects across the portfolio to deliver on time and budget
· Appointing consultants (M&E and specialist consultants)
· Inspecting properties, preparing dilapidations claims and negotiating settlements on low value dilapidations work.
· Providing general advice to building related matters (roof leaks, drainage repairs etc.)
· Reviewing all tenant alterations works (where technical input may be required)
· Managing and directing Facilities Managers on lower value repairs/maintenance contracts etc.
· Focusing on value added work and minimising time spent on smaller instructions where consultants could be appointed and fees recovered.
* Undertake robust financial appraisals, inform and report in accordance with PREM templates / proformas
* Formulating PM strategies, clearly identifying risk and recommending appropriate mitigation measures.
Working with the Asset Manager in ensuring the planning application process is deliverable.
* Inform / manage external consultants as appropriate
* Establish and maintain relationships with LPA Case Officers and other third parties, as appropriate, in order to effectively deliver successful applications
* Management of wider professional project teams; including (Planning, Agency, Architects, Cost consultants etc.)
* Liaise with AMs / legal team to implement highways solutions through a range of statutory processes including Stopping Up procedures.
Project Management / Delivery
Provide management / control of;
* scope of works
* external PM input
* Instruct, manage and review site reports as required
* Provide support to AMs in the completion of tenant documentation such as Agreement for Leases, where required.
* Liaise with internal project management team to ensure that effective handover and management of schemes is undertaken.
* Ensure files and associated documents are up to date and stored (both in hard copy and e-copy) in orderly manner in accordance with PREM policy.
* Previous building surveying experience required in commercial property management industry, consultancy or advisor.
* Capable of handling a number of diverse development projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Strong negotiation skills and able to overcome objections
* Well organised, methodical and results driven.
MRICS qualified or equivalent building / project management qualification in relevant discipline at associate level.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.