If you are an experienced and qualified Assembly Technician then, we have a very exciting opportunity for you within one of the largest Life Sciences / Bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing businesses in the world.
The successful candidate will be required to:
* Work with product development to ensure a product design is fit for manufacture.
* Define the manufacturing processes required to meet the quality / cost / volume targets.
* Identify targets for improved quality or cost reduction.
* Build sub and final assemblies configured to customer's requirements.
* Power-up, test and commission products.
Key Job Tasks
* Working hands on to test, document and commission products.
* Liaising with build, commissioning, manufacturing engineers, and project managers, as required, to maintain and improve the output of the cell.
* Ensure that Health and Safety protocols are written, maintained, and followed.
* Ensure that production documentation and instructions are correctly recorded and kept up-to-date.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Assemble, commission, and test chromatography columns and single use hardware. Adhering to build schedules.
* Maintaining GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) at all times.
* Working as part of a team to ensure work is completed to required schedules.
* Instrumental in the team hitting work output and quality targets.
* Sharing responsibility for implementing continuous improvements in the Cell.
* Involved in the implementation of lean manufacturing philosophies.
Education / Qualifications / Special Training
* Technician / Apprentice Trained, or substantial relevant experience.
* Considerable knowledge of working in a technical environment within a high-tech engineering / manufacturing company.
* Significant time spent in a precision assembly environment.
* Appreciation of precision mechanisms and their mechanical and electrical content.
* Mechanical build and assembly.
* Ability to read mechanical, and pneumatic drawings.
* PC / IT literate with the range of Microsoft Office products.
Key Job Skills
* Able to read & understand mechanical drawings.
* Experience in production build environments.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Ability to communicate at all levels.
* Good mechanical assembly skills.
* Professional / conscientious manner of working.
* Safety conscious.
* Team worker.
* Able to work under pressure.
* Effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
* Keen for knowledge and new skills.
* Enthusiastic approach to tasks.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Flexible and confident.
* Attention to detail.
* Good documentation skills.
* Familiar with full range of mechanical engineering materials, finishes and tolerances.
* Computer skills - Microsoft Office, Windows.
* Willingness to work away from home and travel overseas as and when necessary.
* Commercial awareness; customer handling.
* Ability to provide timescale estimates.
* Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8am - 4.30pm
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary
Interested? Please contact Sarah from Acorn Recruitment Truro Branch.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.