An exciting and rare permanent opportunity to work for a market leading broking company has arisen in the Chippenham area. The role will be working part from home and part office based.
Qualifications and other requirements required:
* CeMap or equivalent qualification (CF1 / R01 and CF6).
* Minimum of 3 years recent Financial Services experience.
As a Mortgages Assessor you will be involved in the following:
* To support the CORT Manager / Head of Quality through effective risk management, as part of the First Line of Defence, through the review of cases written by Advisers for suitability of advice, in line with Service Level Standards.
* To assess the overall quality of the advice and advice documentation in order to mitigate the risk that the suitability of advice is unsuitable.
1. Review allocated cases to assess suitability of advice and adherence to TCF principles, recording activity and outcomes in line with departmental standards and SLA's.
2. To ensure case checks are completed in a timely manner ensuring and in accordance with Network standards ensuring full audit evidenced of case assessments in Toolbox.
3. Ensure performance management is maintained in supporting departmental case check objectives.
4. To build positive, beneficial relationships with Advisers through regular contact and feedback provided to them.
5. Reporting any breaches of Network and FCA guidelines.
6. Identification and communication of potential adviser training needs in line with T&C Scheme, Procedures and Processes, providing feedback to the Field Supervision team, where minimum standards are not met.
7. To maintain personal knowledge of FCA regulatory and internal guidance and procedural changes to ensure accurate assessment of files.
8. To maintain Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by maintaining knowledge of FCA regulatory and internal procedural changes to ensure accurate assessment of files.
9. Maintain up to date knowledge of TCF requirements and responsibilities.
10. To undertake any additional ad hoc duties when necessary in order to support the business in achieving its overall objectives.
Technical skills / competencies
* Intermediate IT skills - Microsoft office suite, Outlook
* Risk Management
* Using Influence
* Managing Self
Knowledge and Expertise (relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role):
* Suitability of advice principles.
* Knowledge of file checking procedures and processes.
* Knowledge of financial crime guidance and procedures.
* Equity Release qualification.
* Financial Protection qualification (CII R05).
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
* Ability to work well within a team.
* Ability to take ownership for workload and work to set quality and time-frame standards.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.