Acorn Recruitment is seeking an experienced Fire Alarm Technician/Engineer for their client based near Bridgwater.
The salary of this position is £28,000 to £30,000 per annum.
Our client is a specialist in Fire Protection and has a very specific customer base, with unique challenges, therefore you must be passionate about learning new skills, tackling new challenges, and welcoming new and cross-training opportunities.
The role will be field based with most works taking place within 100 miles from Bridgwater.
However, works can be anywhere in the country, so a willingness to travel and stay away if required, is essential.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, quietly determined person, willing to put in the hard yards, with an appetite to learn and a desire to be part of a great and growing team.
Main role aspects:
* The role involves carrying out routine maintenance and repairs to Fire Alarms, Emergency Lighting, including fault finding and emergency call outs.
* To produce defects and condition reports of customers' systems and equipment to enable the * Operations Team to accurately price and plan remedial and repair works.
* To provide informal advice to customers to ensure opportunities to improve fire safety are not missed, and that the basic principles of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems are understood.
* Accurately recording all activities on company software system including capturing photos and updating asset registers.
* Full UK driving licence
* Minimum 4 years' experience servicing and fault finding on Fire Alarms and Emergency Lighting
* Confident personality with excellent communication skills
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Exceptional time management, ability to manage own workload within deadlines and cope under pressure
* Willingness to learn, act with integrity, professionalism and responsibility
* Good working knowledge of BS5839 and BS5266
* At least UK-recognised training certificate relating to Fire Detection and Alarm systems
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.