Design & Project Engineer / Draughtsman
Monday to Friday (40 hours p/w, can be flexible on start and finish times)
Cullompton area (EX15)
Salary: Negotiable (30K-45K DOE)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Design & Project Engineer / Draughtsman to join a friendly family-owned business on the outskirts of Cullompton. The successful candidate will be working with the project manager, designing a wide range of machinery/equipment.
The company has over 30 years' experience in Mechanical Engineering and general fabrication and they are now looking for a suitable candidate to take their business to the next level!
The successful applicant will have the ability to design components, create assemblies and drawings for evaluation, costing and fabrication.
There will be a requirement to travel to sites to take measurements and produce drawings based on this, therefore on-site measuring experience and driving licence is essential for this role. Company vehicles are provided for work related travel.
Design & Project Engineer / Draughtsman will have the following knowledge & experience:
- Design and specification of materials handling equipment for the animal feed, food processing or similar industries (Essential).
- Good working knowledge of SolidWorks (Essential).
- Knowledge of manufacturing process's (Essential).
- Good communication skills (Essential).
- Structural steel design (Desirable).
- Experience in the design of sheet metal work (Desirable).
- Knowledge of CNC Punch Programming (Desirable).
Company benefits include:
- 28 days holiday.
- Company pension scheme.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discretionary annual bonus (or vouchers) based on personal performance.
Apply today or for a confidential chat call Asta in the Acorn - Exeter office!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.