6 shift pattern - including nights, weekends and being on call
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Technician working for a large FMCG company. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a large, busy organisation.
Shifts include, days, nights, weekends and on call, however it does also offer large periods of time off in blocks which is great for holidays and breaks.
- To ensure processes relating to product quality are carried out in line with procedures and customer requirements through GDP assessment and internal auditing.
- Investigation of quality failures relating product on site and highlighted by customers through complaints, ensuring that effective CAPA plans are defined and delivered.
- Shift based quality assurance specialist recommending CAPA plans for shift based quality failures and improvement projects demonstrating at all times our company values - Excellence, Respect, Creativity and Responsibility.
- To carry out factory based assessments of Good Document Practice (GDP) adherence
Provide support to Shift Operations Leads and Team Leaders in investigating and defining CAPAs for quality failures, customer complaints, Non-conformances and audit findings.
- To ensure all process monitoring equipment is calibrated and assessed daily / weekly as required.
- To support shift based decisions relating to in process out of specification results
Participate in external accreditation and customer audits where required.
Ensure all retained liquid and finished product samples are stored and archived in accordance with internal procedures.
- To participate in and undertake Internal Audits as defined by the site programme requirements.
- As part of the shift, communicate all quality metrics and trends to ensure quality is clearly visible to all.
- Build professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure co-operation and assistance in completion of work requirements, including but not restricted to Mixing, Quality, Maintenance, H&S and HR.
- Full adherence of Health and Safety Procedures & Practices. Identify and report any conduct that breaches Health & Safety or does not fall within our company values, including all incidents and near misses.
- Good basic educational standard - Maths and English.
- Education in Quality related subject preferred.
- Numerical/verbal reasoning.
- Computer literate.
- Extensive experience in a QA capacity ideally within a FMCG manufacturing environment.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.