Are you aged 18-24 and looking to kickstart your career? Then look no further!
This vacancy is part of the Government's Kickstart Scheme - to apply you must be aged between 18-24 and currently on universal credit.
This is an exciting opportunity and your chance to gain valuable, meaningful experience in a PAID role for at least 6 months.
No experience? No problem - Full training will be provided.
Who would I be working for?
Our client SD Sealants & Cosmetic Repairs is one of the UK's largest sealants specialists. First established in 1973 as a family run business in Somerset; it now has eight offices across England, Scotland and Wales, providing a first class service, backed up with a quality of workmanship, which meet even the highest of expectations and standards.
Cosmetic repair is a specialist construction trade. Skilled operatives can repair a number of different surfaces from ceramic, metal, wood, glass so that expensive items can be repaired and made to look good as new rather than be replaced. The process often involves great attention and eye for detail, colour and the use of various types of sealants and resins to repair damage. Work can be intricate and often requires persistence and patience. Workers with this skill are in demand and enjoy excellent earnings as well as career progression.
What will the role involve?
* Successful applicants will be enrolled onto an internal training programme from day one as a trainee cosmetic repair technician.
* This will involve training in the company's dedicated training facility initially before moving on to site.
* You will work alongside an established trade person to develop their skills in a hands on environment.
* Helping to prepare and make safe work spaces.
* Assisting experienced workers with general duties.
* You will be expected to work on some different sites in the area so will need to be able to travel to some pick up points.
* Will involve some early starts to be on site for 8am.
What are we looking for?
*You won't need any experience as you will be given full training.
*Interested in learning and progressing in a construction trade.
*Willing to learn
What else do I need to know?
*The pay is National minimum Wage.
*The role will be 40 hours per week: Weekdays - Monday to Friday. Approximately
8 am - 4.30pm.
*No experience necessary.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.