ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - Milling
An opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Technician based in Corby, UK for 3- 6 months initially. Reporting to the Engineering Manager the main purpose of the role is to provide mechanical cover for our mill and automated packing line that produces and delivers wheat flour over a twenty-four hour period, seven days per week. Recently this site has undertaken a significant amount of upgrading. The working hours are normally 8.00am to 5.00pm
* Working within the Company Safety and Health guidelines.
* Maintaining and repairing mechanical and electrical equipment so that it is capable of working at optimum performance.
* Investigating and undertaking mechanical breakdown repairs and fault finding on site.
* Ensuring food safety compliance requirements are met.
* Developing and executing small projects within the Plant environment.
* To be able to spec and order replacement parts for the Plant equipment.
* To issue permits and control on site contractors.
* A good level of electrical and mechanical skills together with a level of competence in process control engineering.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work to the highest standards of safety within a team environment or working alone.
* You must be trained to City and Guilds or equivalent, or be a qualified time served multi skilled engineer.
* You must be computer literate with various Microsoft packages.
* Knowledge of PLCs would be helpful.
* Fabricating and welding experience would be advantageous.
* Proven track record of multi skilling experience.
* Beneficial if food or pharma background but not essential.
* Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment with flexible work time models.
* Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
* A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity.
* Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company.
* An attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.