JOB TITLE: Maintenance Engineering Planner
SALARY & BENEFITS: Circa £28,000 p/a
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday Days
We have a fantasic opportunity for an engineering planner with strong OEE implementation knowledge to join a manufacturing organisation in High Peak, Derbyshire.
Are you an experienced Engineer or Engineering Planner, or someone currently working within a Planning, Data Analysis or Continuous Improvement role, who holds strong IT skills? If so, then this role is for you.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Planner at the High Peak site. You will be responsible for collating and issuing a weekly maintenance plan, analysing machine and downtime KPI's and assessing suitable follow-up actions.
The Engineering Planner is part of the Engineering Leadership Team and you will attend daily Production meetings to provide input and to gain an understanding of how the department impacts the wider organisation. It is expected that the Engineering Planner will proactively contribute to the engineering strategy. There is the potential for professional development and career progression.
* Strive to improve the machine reliability of the site's machinery.
* Maintain a balance of PPMs and planned repairs identified from CBM inspections.
* Coordinate PPM's/RM's in a clear and timely manner.
* Log initial work orders and once complete, receive feedback from engineers to update systems or create followup work accordingly. Once complete, follow up with fault reporter.
* Advanced planning of schedules seven days forward.
* Analyse downtime data to find priority areas for improvement (MTBF, MTTR, OEE).
* Create maintenance reports as required by the Engineering Manager.
* Maintain Asset history.
* Schedule and plan long term horizon activities to feed into the budget process (15 yr. horizon).
* Help to generate and maintain compliance to DSOP's / Risk Assessments / CRAMS.
* Permitting internal and external engineers and contractors.
* Filing of statutory and nonstatutory engineering paperwork.
* Consider and apply sustainability, waste minimisation and Energy consumption where appropriate.
* Work with the Engineering Manager to assess KPI's and how to improve on them.
* Liaise with Production Planner to coordinate planned works.
* Identify and create Autonomous Maintenance schedules. Moving basic tasks from Engineering to Production department.
* Assist with the ordering of parts, spares for sites.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Strong IT skills, in particular MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to handle multiple priorities.
* Demonstrate good judgement, problem solving, analysis and decisionmaking skills.
* Full understanding of safe working practices and relevant legislation where applicable.
* Accuracy/attention to detail.
* Possess a solid understanding of systems such as electrical, mechanical and plumbing.
* Have a flexible, team working attitude.
* CMMS knowledge and understanding.
* Experience of completing the maintenance planner role in a similar environment
* Mechanical or Electrical comprehension skills.
* Fault finding skills.
* Able to read, understand & write technical documentation.
* IOSH Managing Safely.
* NEBOSH trained.
* Trained to understand and critique RAMS.
* Permit issuer trained.
* Ideally, formal engineering qualification to at least City & Guilds level, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a mechanical and/or electrical discipline with corresponding practical experience. However, this role could be applicable for someone with alternative strengths. Training will be provided for local systems such as CMMS if applicable.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.