Acorn Recruitment is seeking a qualified or near qualified Management Accountant for their client based in near Newquay, Cornwall. Starting salary for this position is £25,000 to £29,000 pa
We are now recruiting for a Management Accountant to join our growing team.
The successful applicant for this role will be responsible for providing support to the business through the preparation of Management Accounts, VAT Returns and Tax Returns for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies within various industries.
Your key responsibilities in this varied role will include:
* Welcoming new clients and client file setup
* Reviewing client Bookkeeping including, sales and purchase ledgers, bank reconciliation and cash flows
* Preparation and Processing of VAT and CIS Returns
* Accruals and Prepayments
* Management Accounts preparation for a varied client base
* Self-Assessment tax returns
* Extensive client interaction
* General Office Duties as and when required
Personal Attributes and Skill Criteria:
* You will be studying towards or will have obtained formal finance qualifications (AAT Level 4, ACCA, CIMA).
* Previous experience in an accountancy practice environment
* The ability to communicate confidently with a broad range of clients
* Experience of accounting software such as Xero, Quickbooks & Sage is essential
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Ability to work on your own initiative with the pressure of deadlines
* Own transport or access to a vehicle would be desirable to attend client meetings
If you think you meet our skills criteria, have the drive and motivation to support the growing client portfolio of our client and would like to work with a dedicated small team, we would like to hear from you.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.