Factory Services Technician
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
£15.62 per hour. - Circa £32k
SUMMARY OF OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
* To provide technical support to the site services and mixing department to ensure these areas operate efficiently and effectively.
SCOPE OF JOB ROLE:
* The Site Services Technician will be a member of the Site Services Team and will undertake all site services maintenance tasks.
* Site services covers includes maintenance and engineering tasks associated with the mixing plant, utilities (gas, water, electricity, compressed air, HVAC etc.) and buildings.
* Site services covers buildings, systems/services, parks and gardens, mixing plant and all its associated processes and compressed air systems.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB ROLE:
* Accuracy: Ensuring all records are correct and complete.
* Planning: The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely fashion.
* Report writing: The ability to write clear and concise reports as required.
* Communication: The ability to build and develop long standing working relationships with both internal and external customers, to ensure that the tasks of the department and business are met.
General site maintenance to include:
* Lighting and power
* Legionella Control
* Security Systems
* Fire Alarm systems
* Access Systems
* Buildings maintenance
* Develop and maintain good working relationships.
* Following the planned maintenance programme.
* Ensure the provision of site services assets and processes documentation, manuals and drawings.
* Help populate the planned maintenance system of all site services assets and processes.
* Assist the introduction of new products and processes including any reduction of waste.
* Liaise with H&S department regarding any proposed new installations or modifications of existing equipment, either permanent or temporary.
* Permit issue and management of third-party contractors.
* Problem Solving
* To maintain an open mind at all times to allow effective resolution of both short and long -term problems, whether basic or complex in their nature.
Health & Safety:
* Demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environmental performance by their own actions.
* Consider their own and others health and safety and comply with Health, Safety
* Environmental standards at all times.
* Perform tasks and operate/use equipment/machinery only to the level of their training and competence.
Assess the Health, Safety & Environmental risks before they carry out tasks and seek advice if they are uncertain.
* Follow site rules/systems and not improvise or compromise where Health, Safety & Environmental standards could be jeopardized.
* Take action whenever they believe that any act, their own or others, contravenes Health, Safety & Environmental standards.
* Report all accidents, injuries, property damage and near misses.
* Ensure any accidents are investigated promptly and any corrective actions identified are implemented as soon as possible.
* Ensure that all PPE is supplied and used properly (keeping a register of use).
* Ensure that all staff (Permanent/Temporary/Agency/Contractor) are aware of site procedures.
Organisational Ability & GMP:
Ensure that you comply with the Company's GMP Standard and wear the appropriate work wear correctly.
All employees are responsible for ensuring that their workplace is maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Engineering apprenticeship to a L3 standard.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.