Acorn Recruitment is seeking an experienced Senior Process Engineer for their manufacturing client based in Plymouth. Salary for this position is up to £38,000 dependent on experience.
Responsibilities of the Senior Process Engineers will include:
* Support all aspects of manufacturing. This includes New Product Introductions (NPI), capital expenditure projects, continuous process improvement, manufacturing layouts, implementing automation to drive efficiencies.
* Ensuring that existing and new processes and machine centres have sustained capabilities against process control indices.
* Undertaking a lead role in New Product Introduction projects taking into account all aspects of layout, material flow, PFMEA etc using standardised lean principles.
* Continuing to develop skill set through continuous professional development.
* Supporting the Industrial Engineering Manager to achieve the team's aims and objectives.
* A minimum of HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
* Flexibility around working hours.
* A Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
* Experience of high volume sheet metal fabrication processes including bespoke machinery, robotics and fig/fixture design.
* Working knowledge of Siemens PLCs would be advantageous.
* Experience of implementing processes in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
* Work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
* Communicate effectively at all levels.
* Work well as part of a close-knit team.
* Be flexible and proactive.
* Experience in a similar role within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
* Company pension scheme and Life Insurance.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.