Are you aged 18-24 and looking to kickstart your career? Then look no further!
This vacancy is part of the Government's Kickstart Scheme - to apply you must be aged between 18-24 and currently on universal credit.
This is an exciting opportunity and your chance to gain valuable, meaningful experience in a PAID role for at least 6 months.
Who would I be working for?
This is an opportunity to work for an established and well respected construction company based in Caldicot, Monmouthshire that work on specialist projects throughout the UK.
SD Sealants & Cosmetic Repairs was first established in 1973 as a family run business in Somerset. Since then it has steadily grown to be one of largest, family run, sealants specialists in the UK with seven offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
Cosmetic repair is a specialist construction trade. Skilled operatives can repair a number of different surfaces from ceramic, metal, wood, glass so that expensive items can be repaired and made to look good as new rather than be replaced. The process often involves great attention and eye for detail, colour and the use of various types of sealants and resins to repair damage. Work can be intricate and often requires persistence and patience. Workers with this skill are in demand and enjoy excellent earnings as well as career progression.
What will the role involve?
* Successful applicants will be enrolled onto an internal training programme from day one as a trainee cosmetic repair technician
* This will involve training in the company's dedicated training facility initially before moving on to site.
* You will work alongside an established trade person to develop their skills in a hands on environment.
* Helping to prepare and make safe work spaces
* Assisting experienced workers with general duties
* You will be expected to work on some different sites in the area so will need to be able to travel to some pick up points.
* Will involve some early starts to be on site for 8am
What are we looking for?
CSCS card is desirable but as full training is given it is not essential.
Previous construction experience is not essential. Anyone with an excellent eye for colour matching and detail will find they enjoy this work. It is also an extremely rewarding job to bring items back to life.
* learning and progressing in a construction trade
* Willing to learn
* Driving licence
* Eye for detail and colour
What else do I need to know?
This opportunity offers fantastic career progression and salary increases upon successful completion of training.
This role offers a huge chance for a long term career beyond a 6 month placement.
This role is full time working Monday to Friday 8 hours per day approximately 8am - 4.30pm
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.