Job Type: Full time
Salary: £30 000 - £40 000 dependant on experience
Benefits: Relocation package available
Start Date: ASAP
Our client areon a mission to become the greenest sofa manufacturer in the UK; they make high-end, timeless sofas and chairs designed and built to last a generation. An ambitious family run business who have been making furniture for the last twenty years.
Based in the Yorkshire Dales, we're on the lookout for a highly motivated individual to join the team.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Upholsterer capable of taking full responsibility for working and overseeing all upholstery output while maintaining exceptional high standards expected. You will play an essential role in managing the upholstery process and ensuring that they meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills will ensure engagement with the wider team, and you have a strong sense of 'ownership' and the ability to multitask. Whilst this is a fast-paced environment, this is not a senseless production line.
You will play a pivotal role in training the next generation of Junior Upholsters. You will have a can-do attitude who is excited at the prospect of joining a business at a period of growth and looking to become pioneers in sustainably produced furniture.
* Upholstering new frames
* Helping with R&D of sofas and chairs
* Managing material stock levels
* Optimising and improving workshop workflow
* Quality control over all upholstery
* Training and managing junior upholsterers
Skills and Experience:
* 5+ years of upholstery
* Experience in traditional and modern upholstery techniques
* Excellent attention to detail
* Great communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure, quickly and confidently to meet production deadlines
* Able to work independently or as part of a team
* A positive 'can do' attitude and excellent work ethic
* Experience training junior upholsters
* We believe passionately that diverse teams help us make better products. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment and welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds.
* We love to have fun in all that we do.
* We are constantly learning and looking for people that have a desire to learn.
* Sustainability sits at the heart of everything we do.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.