OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
Their busy Propositions and Innovation team is looking for people to help inspire the organisation and their customers, to go 'somewhere new', by building a portfolio of next generation services.
Join their team as they transform OS, deliver commercial growth and empower customers to meet their goals. Most of all, you'll play a critical role in helping OS to realise its vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
About the role
This is more than a job. This is a path where you will discover passion, innovation and a community of dedicated professionals. From helping to develop multi-award winning software applications, being involved in creating ground-breaking outdoor kit, to inspiring the nation to embrace outdoor adventure.
If you are an experienced Technical Product Specialist with a passion for the outdoors and digital technology, and a desire to "make a dent in the universe", this is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the future success of an amazing organisation. Working as an internal start-up, you will help build on the range of multi award winning mobile applications, disrupting the outdoor sector and using technology to reinvent peoples love and passion for outdoor activity.
Sound enticing? Then come and join our client in helping more people to get outside more often and enjoy the benefits of a healthy outdoor lifestyle. Help our client to inspire and activate a healthier nation through a cutting-edge range of products focused on making outdoor activity more enjoyable, accessible and safe.
What we're looking for
- You are a problem solver. You see opportunities for product improvements all around you.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, multiple dependencies and stakeholders and translating this into clear deliverables. But you have a clear passion for making a difference. You have a keen interest in cutting edge tech.
- You've got an analytical mindset. You want to understand what makes things tick and use this knowledge to inform the bigger picture.
- You are supremely organised. In fact, you're obsessive in your organisation. But you're equally proficient in exploring and investigating new subjects.
- You're never satisfied. Constantly striving for improvements, you have an eye for the detail that carves the difference between good and great.
- You're a collaborative team player. You will work closely with the current product management team and project teams delivering the new applications.
- You love being outside. And you'll get the opportunity to be. You will try to live the brand and their mission so if you prefer the couch to conquering the hills or exploring then this role is probably not for you.
Want to join us? Then here's what we are looking for:
* A passion for outdoor activity and adventures coupled with desire to really make a difference
* Relentless customer focus
* Excellent data interpretation and analytical skills
* Ability to understand both the detail and the bigger picture
* Strong communication skills
* Working knowledge of outdoor consumer products and market
We want you to love what you do. That's why our client's benefits package rewards a job well done. They will give you:
* Performance related bonus
* A competitive pension scheme
* At OS, they embrace flexible working and can consider different working hours dependent on the role and your personal circumstances
* 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
* Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
Interested? Please contact Sarah from Acorn Recruitment Truro Branch.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.