We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Construction Trainee to work on a refurbishment project with an established large building contractor.
Working alongside an experienced Construction Site Manager, you will have an opportunity to learn key elements around the sequencing, planning and delivery of a successful project. This role is ideal for someone interested in construction management.
Daily duties will include:-
- Assisting with Health & safety checks
- Carrying out toolbox talks and site inductions
- Supporting site manager in planning and organising labour, sub contractors and materials
- Keeping local residents informed of work being carried out.
- Logging information using IT packages, office and excel
* Must have an interest in construction management or supervision
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong IT skills, able to use all Microsoft packages
* Reliable, trustworthy
* Construction related qualification or degree
* Any previous knowledge of the construction industry
* Driving licence
Our client has an excellent reputation for developing staff and offering progression. Although initially a 6 month placement there is excellent opportunity for a longer term role.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.