Senior Engineering Manager
£45,000-£50,000 per annum
My client are expanding their team due to growth in their market and new additions to their portfolio. My client are well established and respected. My client requires a Senior Engineering Manager with strong commercial awareness and experience in concrete, FRP and/or structural designs.
* Undertaking structural engineering designs for a range of infrastructure projects including concrete precast arches, galvanised steel structural solutions primarily utilised in bridges, long and short span, as well as buried structure projects such as tunnels, culverts, and underpasses. Experience of FRP design.
* Foundation design for concrete arches and corrugated steel structures.
* Manage project costing ensuring that projects are constructed and delivered on time and within budget.
* Improve internal engineering operations, through process analysis and implementation.
* Project development from concept to the construction stage. Reviewing the CDM regulations to provide risk and method statements.
* Developing digital workflows.
* Attend client meetings and work sites if necessary.
* Attend, exhibitions, seminars, and conferences where appropriate.
* Train and mentor members of the engineering team.
* Manage and motivate the engineering team to achieve given targets.
Qualifications and skills
* A Degree or Master's in Civil or Structural Engineering.
* Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE) member of ICE or equivalent.
* Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, FINITE element design packages such as LUSAS.
* Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (FRP) composite design experience.
* Excellent experience of BIM using ProjectWise or Revit.
* Health and Safety qualifications NEBOSH or IOSH.
* Project Management experience.
* Design concrete arches, retained earth walls and CSBC
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.