Quality Technician - Aerospace Engineering
Our client is a global manufacturing company providing integrated manufacturing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, Medical and other related industries. Our reputation in Precision Engineering in Aluminium and Steel Investment Castings and Manufacturing Quality has worldwide recognition. The role will be based at the company's Wrexham Machining facility
Reporting directly to the Quality Engineer, we are looking for a self-motivated and proactive individual with good communication and problem solving skills. This would suit a forward-thinking individual who can work well in a team.
* Develop a sound awareness of the manufacturing and assembly processes and continually developing product knowledge.
* Support Quality department with accurate documentation and process information.
* Maintain high levels of communication with the Quality team.
* Attend all learning and development opportunities provided by the company.
* Understand and develop Company Operating Procedures, including the monitoring of key performance indicators.
* Engage with internal/external audit activity.
* Provide support to the QA Manager / Engineers.
Who are we looking for?
* Confidence and professionalism with excellent communication and interpersonal skills providing the ability to represent the quality department at all levels.
* High motivation, responsiveness and focus, also possessing meticulous attention to detail - crucial for ensuring quality requirements are fully understood and met.
* A background in Engineering and the use of recognised Quality tools is desirable.
* Excellent administration skills and competent using Microsoft Software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Previous experience of ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 is preferred but not essential.
* Problem solver
Salary: £20- £25K depending on experience/skills
Total Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working Mon-Thurs 8am to 16:30 and Friday 8am until 13:30 (early finish).
Reporting to: Quality Engineer
25 days holiday entitlement, plus 8 bank holidays, on top of x2 their basic salary for Life Assurance.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.