Our client has built a reputation based on quality and expertise for offering total, integrated manufacturing solutions for Aerospace, Defence and related industries and they have an opportunity at the Wrexham site for a Project Engineer.
To deliver new projects on time in full, right first time every time and to ensure that all products within the business are engineered to a level where they exceed the productivity & profitability targets in place.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the project management and engineering development of new and existing projects ensuring that scrap, productivity and price targets are achieved.
* Continuous Improvement of all key processes within the foundry
* Scrap Reduction
* Monitoring, analysing results and contributing to the submitting of method statements and reviews of process operations, proposing operating improvements, and supporting the commissioning of new installations
* Work closely with the DFM Cell to help ensure casting designs are fully optimized to achieve set scrap and cost driven targets
* Work closely with the DFM Cell to help ensure that all feeding and mould designs are fully optimized to achieve set scrap and cost driven targets
* Support the Senior Project Engineer to continuously develop the systems, processes and engineering methods
* Project management
* Reporting on the progress of projects and attending regular meetings with customers and stakeholders
* Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering staff across the group to ensure designs can be achieved with regards to processing through all foundry & machining operations
* Support the Engineering Team to ensure that Department KPI's are achieved
* Right First Time (Dimensional)
* Right First Time (Metallurgical)
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience/skills.
Total Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working Monday-Thursday 8am to 16:30pm and Friday 8am until 13:30 (early finish).
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.