Acorn Recruitment are searching for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias to join our client, a manufacturing company based in Irlam, Manchester.
The successful candidate will play an essential part in this manufacturing operation, undertaking both PPM and reactive maintenance at their site in Manchester.
The role consists of the following:
* Reactive, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Work (mechanical, pneumatic and electrical).
* Pumps (Diaphragm pump, vane pump, centrifugal pumps, mono pumps).
* Tanks and Mixer.
* Valve and piping work.
* Filling and packaging machines.
* Electrical work includes AC motor, Inverter and control gear, flowmeter, scales.
* Fabrication and Welding.
* Building and Facilities repair work.
* Working on improvement projects on plant machinery (reliability and performance).
* Assist in the improvement and development of PPM.
* Improving site safety through safety inspections and safety observations.
* Assisting with development of method statements and risk assessments.
* Assist in the planning of maintenance job.
* Updating the CMMS system (raising, updating and closure of work order).
* Raising purchase orders for parts.
* Assisting in coordination of contractors on site.
* Taking active role in 5S projects and maintenance housekeeping.
* Improving and maintaining the maintenance stores.
The successful candidate must:
* Have experience within a similar role working in a manufacturing environment and be apprentice trained.
* Have experience in slinging and lifting operation
* Be prepared to work at height and in confined spaces.
* Have good diagnostic / problem solving skills.
* Have Knowledge of working in hazardous environment would be an advantage.
Shift pattern is 6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm rotating weekly.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience to offer.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.