A fantastic opportunity to work for a market leading engineering company in the Bridgwater area as a CNC Setter / Operator
Working Monday to Friday 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm alternative weeks.
Salary £25,358 per annum.
Purpose of role:
Manage Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) equipment, from set up to operation including checking of E-stops and other safety equipment as routine.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Read and understand a technical drawing and understand the use of tool cutting parts and TNR compensation.
* Able to read a CNC program, and edit if required.
* Select and set the correct tools for the job.
* Check physical seal dimensions with various mechanical and optical measuring equipment and ensure that they are within the tolerance specified on the drawing.
* Carry out batch inspection parts at regular intervals as defined in the SOP.
* Batch inspect parts for defects and dispose of any parts that do not meet parameters.
* Set and operate a number of CNC machines as required.
* Run first off's and check dimensions of the first off to drawing and make any adjustments as required.
* Reinstate the work area before starting the next job.
Education and Experience:
* Time served or equivalent experience preferred.
* Previous experience in engineering production.
* Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings and interpret the information to produce a part.
* Flexible in the ability to run numerous CNC machines and move between products and areas.
* Good organisational skills and time management skills, multitasking where appropriate to be effective, efficient and productive.
* Ability to prioritise workload.
* Work in an orderly and methodical manner with good discipline and housekeeping.
* Able to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and works orders.
* Have a high level of Health and Safety - Use of PPE where appropriate.
Apply now with an up to date CV.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.