Job Title: Laboratory Technician (Refinery)
Rate: £15.76 ph
Term: Approximately 2 months
Location: Purfleet Refinery Laboratory
Hours: 6am - 2pm, Monday to Thursday and 6am - 1pm Friday or 1 - 11pm. In the initial weeks the hours would be 8-4 whilst training is carried out.
* Analysing raw materials, intermediate products, finished products and process chemicals, ensuring all data is recorded in the appropriate systems.
* Assessing compliance with specification of materials in (1.) above and advising on suitability for use.
* Ensuring compliance with all ADM standards and procedures.
* Ensuring all work is conducted safely at all times.
* Maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory equipment, ensuring correct functioning and trouble- shooting where necessary for the site.
* Ensuring appropriate stocks of chemical and disposable goods are maintained.
* Ensuring effective communication of all relevant data and issues between shifts and with the various process departments.
Qualification and experience:
* A HNC in chemistry or related scientific based discipline is desirable however candidates with relevant laboratory experience would also be considered.
* Ideally experience working in an analytical laboratory in a manufacturing environment.
* Ideally some experience of QA related activities however recent graduates will be considered if they are able to show aptitude and maturity for the role.
* The jobholder will be required to work with a range of chemicals.
* There will also be a degree of manual handling.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.