We are currently recruiting for an experienced Freight Forwarding Supervisor to join our client in Cardiff.
As the Freight Forwarding Supervisor, your responsibilities will be:
* Overseeing receiving and shipping operations on daily basis.
* Supervising freight flow processes and maintain stock areas.
* Managing the freight team efficiently to ensure on-time delivery of orders.
* Ensuring that team follows company policies and standards.
* Providing freight updates to Manager on regular basis.
* Addressing customer inquiries and concerns regarding order deliveries in a timely fashion.
* Providing exceptional services and ensure customer satisfaction.
* Making sure that freight loading and unloading equipment are staged and made ready before shifts.
* Scheduling regular equipment inspection to maintain it in good working condition.
* Ensuring that equipment are cleaned and put back in place after every use.
* Communicating equipment repair and maintenance requests to Manager.
* Providing assistance to freight crew when loading, unloading and stocking merchandises.
* Ensuring merchandises are sorted and tagged according to the delivery orders.
* Completing all freight paper works accurately and ensure stock room is maintained clean and orderly.
* Handling misdirected shipments and seal discrepancies in a timely fashion.
* Establishing and enforce safety rules and regulations.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.