Acorn Recruitment is currently recruiting full time position for a Technical Sales Engineer (Rail) in Cwmbran. The role requires a proactive approach in identifying sales opportunities, selling Asset steel-based products to the infrastructure and construction market. Strong commercial awareness of the highways and rail would be advantageous.
This is a full-time permanent position and it's offering a competitive salary between £25,000 - £35,000 a year, depending on skills and experience.
Holidays: 25 company days plus UK public holidays.
Private pension provision, with maximised employer's contributions.
Private healthcare cover
This role includes:
* Identify and seek new sales opportunities within the rail sector
* Generating sales against set targets
* Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
* Use analytical and problem-solving skills to address clients' requirements
* Work closely with internal engineers ensuring that client's requirements are correctly interpreted
* Liaise with the estimating department to assist in the calculation of client quotations.
* Manage projects and liaison with clients
* Review and ensure that technical bids are submitted on time
* Provide excellent pre-and post-sale client support
* Develop excellent client relations, manage client expectations, and gain feedback
* Prepare sales reports and maintain accurate client records
What we're looking for:
* A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (BEng or BSc), HND or HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience of working within an engineering environment
* Experience of working in rail and Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (FRP) sales would be an advantage
* 2+ years' working in technical sales or engineering
* Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong organisational skills
* Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Possess the ability to drive sales and seek new business opportunities
* Organisational and planning skills
* Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
* Excellent numeracy skills
* Familiar with using CRM systems
* Holds a full clean driving licence.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.