If you are an experienced and qualified Technician then, we have a very exciting opportunity for you within one of the largest Life Sciences / Bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing businesses in the world.
Key Job Tasks:
* Working hands on to test, document and commission products.
* Liaising with build, commissioning, manufacturing engineers, and project managers, as required, to maintain and improve the output of the cell.
* Ensure that Health and Safety protocols are written, maintained, and followed.
* Ensure that production documentation and instructions are correctly recorded and kept up-to-date.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for carrying out electrical testing and commissioning of products within the cell.
* Maintaining GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) at all times.
* Working as part of a team to ensure work is completed to required schedules.
* Instrumental in the team hitting work output and quality targets.
* Involvement in production improvements and assisting with troubleshooting issues.
* Sharing responsibility for implementing continuous improvements in the Cell.
* Involved in the implementation of lean manufacturing philosophies.
* Interfacing with automation suppliers supporting the software transfer.
Education / Qualifications / Special Training:
* ONC / HNC / BTEC / City and Guilds in an electrical discipline, or equivalent. 18th Edition full qualification
* Technician / Apprentice Trained, or substantial relevant experience.
* Considerable knowledge of working in a technical environment within a high-tech engineering/manufacturing company.
* Significant time spent in a precision assembly environment.
* Appreciation of precision mechanisms and their mechanical and electrical content.
* Extensive understanding of electrical / electronic build and assembly.
* Electrical experience of wiring, fault finding, electrical testing practices.
* Excellent wiring skills.
* Ability to read mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings.
* PC / IT literate with the range of Microsoft Office products.
Key Job Skills:
* Good electrical assembly skills.
* Good test abilities.
* Able to read & understand electrical drawings.
* Able to read & understand mechanical drawings.
* Experience in production build environments.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Ability to communicate at all levels.
* Familiar with full range of mechanical engineering materials, finishes and tolerances.
* Good mechanical assembly skills.
* Knowledge of Siemens software.
* Willingness to work away from home and travel overseas as and when necessary.
* Commercial awareness; customer handling.
The hours of operation are Monday through Thursday, 8am to 4.30pm, and Friday, 8am to 3.30pm.
This is a permanent role with a competitive salary.
Interested? Please contact Sarah from Acorn Recruitment Truro Branch.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.