£18.13 per hour
4 on 4 off (2 days - 2 nights)
Acorn Recruitment is recruiting a Maintenance Technician on a Permanent basis for their client who is a leading innovative manufacturer to many of the world's biggest brands and retailers.
To be based at the manufacturing facility in Flint and to be working a 2 days 2 nights then 4 off shift pattern (7-7)
Scope of Position
The provision of both a proactive and reactive engineering service to support the safe, efficient operation of the site.
To support manufacturing processes by responding effectively to equipment breakdowns in addition to carrying out scheduled maintenance work. A proactive approach to the correction and modification of machine processing faults to ensure repeat failures do not occur.
* Organise daily tasks in order to optimise the time available.
* Diagnose the issues presented to them and to complete the required tasks in timely manner.
* Ability to get to the root cause of issues and make corrective improvements.
* Flexible - to provide additional cover in time of sickness, holiday and extreme workload.
* You must be able to liaise with other departments in a positive, engaging manner. To build good relationships during dealings with departments. To ensure co-operation and assistance in completion of work requirements.
1. To respond efficiently and effectively to equipment breakdowns.
2. To ensure maximum focus is given to their nominated production area
3. To accurately record all breakdown information and equipment condition utilising established and future systems.
4. To be familiar with all aspects of machinery operation, be proactive in identifying running problems and their correction/modification.
5. To maintain GMP and hygiene requirements in line with standards. Total compliance with all H & S requirements both legal and internal.
6. Compliance with engineering stores procedures and documentation.
7. To work effectively within a shift structure ensuring technical cover at all times.
8. To provide a reasonable amount of overtime cover in respect of holidays, sickness, maintenance shut-downs, projects etc.
9. To monitor machinery in production with a view to carrying out adjustments as necessary.
10. To follow any reasonable request from his/her supervisor.
* To fault find in an effective and efficient manner whilst utilising the various machines historic / information documentation.
Health and Safety
* Demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environment performance by their own actions.
* Consider their own and others Health & Safety and comply with Health, Safety & Environmental standards at all times.
* Perform tasks and operate / use equipment/machinery only to the level of their training and competence.
* Assess the Health, Safety & Environmental risks before they carry out tasks and seek advice if they are uncertain.
* Follow site rules / systems and not improvise or compromise where Health, Safety & Environmental standards could be jeopardised.
* Take action whenever they believe that any act, their own or others, contravenes Health, Safety & Environmental standards.
* Report all accidents, injuries, property damage and near misses.
* Demonstrable experience of working within a similar environment Time served apprenticeship. Minimum NVQ L3 or equivalent.
* Qualification in ONC or equivalent.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.