Chair - Wales National Pool Swansea
Acorn Executive Search is working in partnership with Wales National Pool Swansea to appoint a new Chairperson.
Wales National Pool Swansea (WNPS) is a premier national aquatic facility and houses an international standard eight-lane 50m competition pool and a 25m warm-up pool.
Together with 1200 spectator seats, changing village aligned strength and conditioning facilities, it is the home of Swim Wales National Performance Centre - a hub for elite and performance swimming in Wales.
WNPS is governed by a Board of Directors made up of members and officers from founding partners Swansea Council and Swansea University.
Mission and Vision for Wales National Pool Swansea is:
To be a world class centre for aquatic sports, which develops customers from grass roots to high performance level, promoted participation, health and wellbeing, and provides a sustainable performance enabling environment for all.
About the Role:
Seeking to appoint a dynamic and driver Chair to lead the Wales National Pool Swansea (WNPS) Board into the future, in alignment with their strategy and ambitious aspirations for transformational change.
We are looking for a value driven leader who has a demonstrable commitment to the services WNPS offer their communities and elite athletes and has a good understanding of the commercial world of sport, ensuring long term success and sustainability.
Purpose of the Role:
Working with the General Manager, the role of the Chair is to provide effective leadership and strategic direction focusing on the vision core values and objectives of Wales National Pool Swansea.
The Chair has an important role in leading the Board and establishing an environment that displays the culture, values and behaviours of the organisation and enables the multi-disciplinary Board to achieve its potential and secure the long-term success of the organisation.
* The Chair is responsible for leadership of the Board, ensuring its effectiveness in all aspects of its governance role.
* The Chair leads the Board in developing an ethical culture in line with the values of the organisation.
* The Chair is pivotal in creating Board member effectiveness and ensures constructive relations between Board members and staff.
Responsibilities of the Role:
* Manage Board Meetings
* Strategic Leadership and Governance
* Liaise with the General Manager (GM)
* Develop and Encourage Board Members
* Performance Assessment
* Promote Equity and Equality
* Represent Welsh National Pool Swansea
Commitment and Remuneration:
* The Chair will be appointed on a fixed-term basis until December 2023.
* The time commitment will be 12 to 15 days per annum total estimate, spread across ad-hoc calls and meetings ranging from half hour to half a day.
* The post is remunerated up to £5,000 for the most suitable of candidates and reasonable travel expenses will also be reimbursed.
For more information, contact Luke Robért at Acorn Recruitment to review the candidate pack and learn more about the opportunity.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.