We are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant with Payroll experience. You will be supporting aerospace, industrial and automotive customers through over 20 production facilities and more than 40 marketing companies globally.
Working Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week on a permanent basis, based in Bridgwater. The salary is between £23-£26k.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and a key member of the finance team, the Accounts Assistant is expected to carry out a range of activities to support the overall business as detailed below.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Process weekly payroll for employees and submit agency timesheets and pension files
* Posting journals and payroll related accruals at month end
* Recording in the time and attendance System (Astrow)
* Keeping track of absence and sickness, ensuring adherence to company procedure
* Absence reporting to managers and supervisors, assistance when needed to produce letters, liaise with Occupational Health or Group HR functions
* Keep and record holiday and flex time records for all employees
* Keeping relevant information for reporting such as hours, headcount, rewards etc.
* Accounts payable processing such as invoice matching and coding (using Basware), payment run preparation and corresponding with suppliers and other departments regarding queries
* Accounts Receivables tasks such as raising statement to Intercompany Accounts and loading Netting information (for payment) and allocation of receipts
* Preparation of bank payments and posting to the system when required.
* Month End reconciliations for key ledger accounts and intercompany
* Assist with other ad hoc tasks as required by the Financial Controller
* Payroll experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment, able to run w weekly payroll and deal with queries, 2+ years essential
* Accounts payable processing, experience preferred
* Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process, creating and recording journals
* Knowledge of best practise in accounting and payroll functions and willing to keep knowledge up to date
* Experience in using ERP accounting systems and MS Excel
* Experience using Sage Payroll or other payroll software
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.