Civil - Rail Infrastructure
Salary - up to £45,000 per annum with car or car allowance
45 hours per week
We have a very exciting opportunity for a SHEQ Advisor working for a large Civils organisation in North Wales.
The role will require the successful person to work on site for 3 days a week and visit surrounding site locations 2 days a week.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a large International organisation with limitless development scope.
Reporting directly to the Head of SHEQ you will be responsible for:
* Proactively promoting SHEQ best practice across projects within the region, identifying practical and deliverable measures to continually improve the overall performance.
* Working with operational management/supervisory teams across the business in the implementation of SHEQ standards and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with current applicable legislation and client requirements.
* Providing professional occupational health and safety advice and guidance to project management, supervisors, workforce and contractors.
* Being in conjunction with management to assist with formal accident, incident and close call investigations.
* Undertaking site safety tours and inspections on behalf of the business
* Supporting operations, undertaking safety stand-downs and focused briefings within your area of responsibility.
* Providing projects with Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental direction to ensure the business discharges its legal duty
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
* Self-motivated with a pro-active can do attitude and approach
* Strong personal and organisational skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to prioritise and manage workload
* Education/Experience Requirements:
* Proven experience in a Rail/Infrastructure SHEQ Advisory role
* Recognised occupational Health and Safety with membership of IOSH. (Ideally NEBOSH Construction, NVQ Level 5/6)
* Environmentally qualified with membership of IEMA (Desirable)
* Detailed knowledge of both rail and civil engineering interfaces and practices
* PTS and CSCS card
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.