Do you want to work for a law firm that was named the "Best in Region - Southern" and "Best London Conveyancer" at the prestigious national ESTA awards?
In addition, the firm has recently been shortlisted for a Business Resilience Award at the 2021 Modern Law Awards.
Acorn is recruiting for a Head of Re-Mortgaging / Conveyancing.
Full Time, 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Flexible - Gloucester Business Park and remote working blend.
* Due to success in winning new work streams and expanding product offering, our client is looking to recruit an experienced Property Lawyer / Solicitor to build and lead a new department. We are looking for a truly passionate and self-motivated individual who will directly input into the continued growth and success of the business.
* The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Director with a specific remit to lead and build a new, dedicated re-mortgage team working closely with our expanding list of high profile IFA and Mortgage Broker introducers, particularly in the London market. In addition to this, the Head of Lender Services will develop and lead a new offering, acting for a select group of lenders in the later life mortgage lending space.
* Strong client relationship skills are essential in this role to meet the needs and expectations of our clients, lenders and ever-growing introducer base, who expect a high level of professional service at all times.
* Qualified Solicitor / CILEX / Licensed Conveyancer.
* Extensive experience handling a complex caseload of residential conveyancing matters.
* Strong knowledge and technical experience of:
* Residential property conveyancing and in particular re-mortgage matters.
* Leasehold and lease extension work.
* A detailed understanding of SDLT in residential conveyancing matters.
* Transfers of equity.
* The impact of restrictions and cautions lodged against a property and how these might be removed.
* Strong team management skills with the ability to develop, coach and mentor junior team members.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - written and verbal.
* Strong organisation and time management skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative and to work under pressure.
* Ability to enthuse others.
* A comprehensive flexible benefits package including a flexible holiday scheme, life assurance, a health care cash plan and discounted shopping platform.
* 24 days annual leave plus your birthday off.
* Additional annual leave for long service including a one-month sabbatical after 10 years.
* 'Spotlight' awards for going above and beyond as well as 'employee of the year' awards.
* Team building, sporting and social events throughout the year.
* Study Support Programme.
* Training contract provider.
* Annual bonus scheme.
* Discounted corporate gym membership.
* Discount off Conveyancing Fees.
* 20% discount off Laithwaites.
* Staff Referral Scheme.
* Dress down Friday.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.