Our client has successfully secured a very large fire detection and alarm system design contract on the construction of a new nuclear power station.
Due to this workload, we are looking for Fire Safety Design Engineers to join their growing team.
The post holder will be responsible for designing a compliant system and creating the supporting documentation for this, to include; drawings, schematics, reports and electrical calculations.
Location: Bristol, South Gloucestershire
Department: Design Engineering
Employment type: Full-Time
Starting salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Main responsibilities include reviewing client documentation to ascertain the fire detection and alarm system requirements.
The post holder will then be responsible for designing a compliant system and creating the supporting documentation for this, to include; drawings, schematics, reports and electrical calculations.
In addition, this person will also attend internal and external meetings and offer support to the wider engineering function.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Knowledge of relevant British Standards, especially BS5839-1:2017.
* Experience of designing fire detection and alarm systems.
* Ability to read and understand project specific drawings and specifications.
* Competent with Office 365 software.
* A can-do attitude with a drive for progression.
Additional skills advantageous to the role include:
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
* Nuclear industry experience.
* Project Management.
* Fire Detection and alarm system commissioning.
* Understanding of electrical principles.
Our client are looking to grow it's presence in the UK over the next 5 years and there are many more exciting projects to come.
You will receive the following benefits by joining the UK team:
* Very Competitive Annual Salary - market benchmarked
* Annual bonus
* Flexible working environment
* Healthcare scheme
* Perks at Work
* Continued and actively encouraged professional development and training
* A culture supportive of ideas and innovation
* The support of a varied and experienced team
* Challenging and rewarding career
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.