Tennis Wales are currently recruiting an Independent Chair to join their board. You will ensure the effective management of the organisation and work in partnership with the CEO to successfully deliver their vision.
They are the National Governing Body for Tennis in Wales and their vision is to see tennis more accessible, welcoming, enjoyable and relevant across the country. They have published their strategy from 2020 - 2024 and are collaborating with LTA, Sport Wales, Partners and Sponsors in order to achieve this.
This is a non-salaried position. Travel and other reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed for attendance at official meetings and events on behalf of Tennis Wales.
The Tennis Wales Board meets five times a year across Wales. The term of office is three years initially (following formal election at the next Annual General Meeting) with a maximum of two, three-year terms.
The Chair will lead the Board to reach strategic decisions and make sure that the company's obligations are fulfilled. Directors take an active role in the policymaking & strategic development for Tennis Wales at Board level, liaising with key stakeholders and supporting the CEO on a regular basis.
* Provide leadership to the board, ensuring that the board sets the strategy, assesses the financial risks to the organisation and satisfies itself that adequately skilled staff are in place
* Work in partnership with the CEO< taking on the role of line manager, setting objectives for the CEO, carrying out an annual performance appraisal and providing support, encouragement, and an initial point of contact to discuss issues and new ideas prior to full board discussion
* The Chair will support other Board Members, ensuring that they understand their role, uphold the highest standards of integrity and probity, and ensure that good governance in line with the governance & leadership framework for Wales is embedded in the organisation at all levels
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* A high level of integrity and probity
* Proven leadership skills, including the ability to chair meetings effectively and manage discussions to reach clear decisions
* Excellent management skills, including experience of managing the Chair/CEO relationship or of similar senior partnerships
* Good communication skills, with the confidence to speak in front of groups of all sizes and the ability to express ideas clearly
* Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential issues
* The ability to attend Tennis Wales events, including board and committee meetings, functions and tennis events
* Experience or skills in corporate governance, including previous board level experience
For more information and the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please visit the full job description below.
To apply, you'll be required to provide an updated copy of your CV along with a supporting statement of why you wish to join Tennis Wales and how you meet the criteria.
For more information, please visit https://hr.breathehr.com/recruitment/vacancies/20547?identifier=tenniswalesltd
Tennis Wales is an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes applications from all interested individuals.
Deadline for applications is 4pm on Wednesday 9th February 2022.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.