£40,000 to £50,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Works Manager to join our team on the A391 North Devon Link Road Project located between Barnstaple and South Molton.
This important and strategic scheme involves the widening of the existing carriageway into three-lane running while maintaining current traffic flow. Also, the construction of one RC Concrete over-bridge, two pedestrian bridges, two on-line roundabouts and extending existing underpasses and culverts.
The project is programmed for completion during December 2023.
Reporting directly to the Site Agent you will be expected to understand and accept verbal and written instruction and be responsible for:
* Planning and organising labour and plant resource to undertake the works in line with the construction programme
* Planning and organising labour and plant resource to undertake the works safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety Policy and procedures
* Ensuring adherence to Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Permits
* Ensuring the timely ordering and delivery of plant and materials
* Supporting the site team in the effective planning and delivery of the works
* Managing and delegating duties to Foremen and Site Supervisors
* Undertake Tool-Box Talks and Daily Task Briefings
* Liaise with fellow members of the project team and client's representatives on site
* Compiling and maintaining daily work record sheets and diaries
The ideal candidate:
Successful candidates will have previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry on similar highway projects. Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of the following disciplines:
* Earthworks and excavations
* Drainage and underground service diversions
* General carriageway construction and resurfacing
* Structural Concrete
* To possess a valid CSCS & SMSTS card
* To be eligible to work in the UK
* To work site hours (Generally 07.30 - 17.30 Monday to Friday)
* To work occasional night and weekend shifts
* To be motivated and enthusiastic
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.