Acorn technology is searching for a talented Third Line Engineer to join a team of dedicated professionals within an established MSP. They are looking to build a centre of excellence in Newport and offer continuous upskilling and clear progression pathways.
The successful candidate will be working as part of the Systems/RMM team and will help to deliver professional services to customers and internal systems using central monitoring systems and other tools. The Third Line Engineer will help with customer onboarding requests, general triage, and escalation of issues from the monitoring team/service desk.
* Triage of alerts and escalation to service owners.
* Experience in working with the N-Able N-central monitoring platform is an advantage, but full training will be provided.
* You will work closely with key team members to instil best practices.
* Assisting the onboarding team with documentation updates.
* Deployment of anti-virus solutions.
* Automation of Windows Patch management via monitoring tools.
Tools and technologies:
* Network switching and routing infrastructure (particularly Cisco, HPE and Dell; mostly LAN)
* Firewalls (WatchGuard, FortiGate, etc.)
* Microsoft Windows Server
* Networking (switching, routers, firewalls, load-balancers, WAFs)
* Microsoft Server Solutions
* VMware vSphere
* Firewall (WatchGuard, Fortinet)
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
* An additional half a day holiday on your birthday
* Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme
* Employee discounts
* Cash plan medical care
* Quarterly prize draw
If this is opportunity interests you, please apply with your CV or get in touch with Alexandra Morton at Acorn Technology.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.