Job Title: Emergency Medical Dispatcher
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,330 per annum
Are you caring, compassionate and good at communicating? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you...
Acorn Recruitment is proud to be working in partnership with a leading NHS organisation who are looking for Emergency Medical Dispatchers to join their team on permanent basis.
As an Emergency Medical Dispatcher, you will be the first point of contact to the ambulance service for people experiencing a medical emergency. Not every call you deal with will be a matter of life or death but the way you listen, interpret and deal with calls will make a vital difference to the patients. Applicants will need to have the ability to deal with stressful and emotional situation whilst being highly motivated.
Skills and Requirements:
* GCSE Maths and English (Grade C/4 or above), or equivalent. However, if you do not have these qualifications, we're still likely to accept applicants who have significant experience in the care or customer service sector (ideally holding an NVQ or similar in Healthcare, Public Service or Customer Service).
* Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong administration skills
* Ability to work calmly under pressure
* A high level of typing proficiency
* Be prepared to work shifts (24/7 rota providing cover on weekends, nights and bank holidays)
Training Course Details:
* Week 1-4 - classroom training, full time Monday to Friday (Office hours)
* Week 5-8 - mentoring shifts. These will include a variety of shifts with an experienced mentor to guide and assist you.
During training we are unable to allow annual leave or absent days due to the course demand. The course has a must attend policy. Attendance is essential for the 4-week classroom training.
* Salary starting at £20,330 per annum
* Unsocial hours enhancements (In accordance to NHS Terms and Conditions Agenda for Change section 2)
* Generous NHS Pension Scheme
* 8 Week training programme and ongoing development days throughout your career
* MPDS qualification (Nationally recognised triage system used in 45 countries)
* 27 days annual leave plus additional bank holiday leave allocated
* Access to the trust staying well service, offering emotional support such as counselling specialist trauma work and a range of other advice and information services offered through statutory and voluntary agencies.
* Significant career progression opportunities within the Clinical Hub and wider trust.
If successful, you will be starting a training course on Monday the 7th of February 2022.
If you feel your experience can fulfil this role and you are interested in working for a fantastic company, please send a recent copy of your CV to Caitlin.Wood@acornpeople.com, apply direct through the advert or call 07765 740288 and speak to Caitlin Wood for a confidential chat.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.