Due to growth of our large international client, we are recruiting for a Controls Engineer to join there Maintenance team on a permanent basis.
* Apply problem solving and continuous improvement, recommend and implement improvements to maximise equipment availability, performance, reduce repetitive operator tasks, improve quality, and reduce waste.
* Identify obsolete components and source alternatives. Design modifications to enable upgrades.
* Design new control panels, build panels and install on machinery
* Maintain and apply a level of technical expertise across the site, sufficient to act as a point of reference for team members & colleagues, to resolve complex problems of repair/fix and give technical direction.
* To support the introduction of new machinery from specification to standards through to FAT
* Analyse downtime faults and causes and create effective PPM and TPM activities
* Contribute to problem solving workshops, providing automation expertise to identify root causes of failures and the subsequent improvement actions.
* Sourcing and procurement of spare components
* Maintain back ups of all control systems parameters and programs. PLC, HMI, drives, inverters, etc.
* Review and document machinery PUWER, safety RA, SOP's, etc.
Qualifications and training:
* Completed apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) in appropriate Electrical engineering discipline
* Possession of ONC or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* High level of PLC, HMI programming
* High level of motion control set up and commissioning
* Safe working practices within an engineering environment
* Experience in Control / Automation Engineering
* Design of safety related functions and control circuits
* Building of control panels
Please click apply now or call the Acorn Plymouth office to discuss further
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.