Acorn Recruitment is delighted to be able to present a permanent opportunity working in a newly completed state of the art education facility at Cardiff University.
The role is a Specialist Gas Engineer (BCGA Certified) working with an external contractor but based at the University.
Our client will be managing the facilities maintenance of the building including reactive and scheduled maintenance and the team will be made up of different specialist engineers with the support of an administration team and external specialist contractors.
Working on a shift pattern basis, this will be delivered working 4 days of 07:00-19:00, 4 days off, 4 nights of 19:00 - 07:00.
Salary: Negotiable plus £2,500 shift allowance
* Servicing commercial boilers
* General mechanical/heating works
* Air conditioning maintenance
* Pre-planned maintenance
* Reactive breakdowns
* A problem solver
* Have good time-management skills
* Buildings maintenance knowledge and experience
* Have industry knowledge of appliances
* Regularly update their knowledge of the regulations in place
* Time served apprenticeship
* Level 3 Diploma in Gas Engineering
* BCGA membership
* 31 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory)
* Full company uniform + PPE for engineering
* Company iPhone
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.