Acorn Recruitment is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer for their engineering manufacturing client based in Gloucester.
This is a full time permanent role offering a salary of circa £35,000 per annum.
If you can speak French this would be highly desirable.
Quality support role for RT / RP / Sub-contract services.
* Building strong relationships with Far East sites and their suppliers.
* Completion of FAIR / ISIR reports for RT/RP customers when required
* Support Far East suppliers in completion of FAIR / ISIR / PPAP elements for RT/RP customers
* Interface with customers / projects requirements for IATF16949 / ISO9001 / ISO14001 (ISO 13485:2016 / AS9100:2016) certified sites.
* 8D reporting, SCAR replies etc.
* Understand far east suppliers process capabilities and quality management system (certification) arrangements.
* Continual improvement activities for far east supplier's quality development - including development of project specific SOP's.
* APQP and PPAP Support- Construction / Completion of PPAP submission's (Specific Levels / FAIRS / ISIR's / CofC's / PSW / MSA / Ge' R&R/Control Plans / FMEA's) / Advice across RP + RT.
* Quality Assurance checks / Audits of existing / new Far East Vendors
* Supporting customer quality audit's management, UK and European customers auditing both UK and Asia sites.
* Regular overseas travel
* Project support / team feasibility studies at the birth of projects. Encompassing risk review and drawing review. GD+T trained.
* Interface with customers, projects and quality team through all phases to tool maturity.
* Completion of monthly supplier performance statistics for quality reporting.
* Working alongside projects and far east suppliers for ongoing project management.
* Batch inspection of parts where required.
* IMDS submissions for UK and European customers.
Ideally you will be:
* Experienced Quality Engineer
* Experienced in manufacturing environments ideally automotive including methods of inspection
* General understanding of CAD and interpreting 2D drawing data to GD&T standard
* Experienced Internal Auditor in Quality Management
* Competent in all elements of PPAP (core tools)
* Competent in development of Quality Procedures, SOP / SIP in process quality control documentation
* Bi-lingual (French) (ideal but not necessary)
* Lead Auditor in Quality Management.
* Experience in Environmental ISO 14001:2015 / AIEMA qualification
* 5S / Lean manufacturing experience
* Experienced in travelling and working in far east countries
* Experience of injection moulding environments
* Served a recognised engineering apprenticeship (ideally technical apprenticeship)
* Experienced and comfortable in travelling overseas for work
* 8D Trained
* Conscientious - good attention to detail
* Completer / Finisher
* Innovative - resourceful
* Confident - self-reliant
* Good communicator both internally and externally
* Good team worker including mentoring
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Strong ability to work effectively under pressure managing multiple tasks daily
* Hold a Valid Driving Licence
This is a permanent position with a prestigious company who has seen growth year on year and a fantastic opportunity to join this team and lead it forward.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.