As part of our clients Purchasing Europe Department, the Purchasing Team have responsibility for Purchasing activities relating to the manufacture Europe's most advanced trucks.
This responsibility requires the management of the Supply Base and sourcing activities to support projects within our UK, European and South American facilities, in order to improve the Quality and Cost competitiveness of our clients product.
* Management of a high value commodity package including development of suppliers to ensure total cost sourcing decisions are made in line with procurement requirements
* Achievement and reporting of Company targets on cost control, quality improvement and lead time improvement
* Development of partnership relationships with vendors
* Work with suppliers to implement PACCARs Cost Management Programme and ensure Six Sigma projects are defined and implemented
* Understand commodities managed at multiple levels and develop short, medium and long-term commodity strategies
* Identify and lead a number of cost reduction projects
* Manage a complex and varied workload, ensuring attention is maintained on key actions
Experience and Qualifications:
* Very strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills
* Good commercial awareness
* Must be a good communicator with a flexible, self - managing approach to workload and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
* Confident presenter at senior management level
* Good Quality, Engineering, Process and Materials background
* CIPS Membership is desirable
* Self-motivated, flexible and team player with ability to meet deadlines
* Demonstrable administrative and IT skills
* Essential to be educated to degree qualification
* Desirable Six Sigma Greenbelt certified
* Driving License & Passport and be prepared to work away/abroad
Salary: Circa £45k per annum
You will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. We offer you a career with growth potential.
In addition to a good salary our client offers you the following working conditions:
* 37 hour working week
* 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
* Defined contribution Master Trust pension arrangement, provided by Aviva
* Medical Scheme, including dental, optical and outpatient provision
* Extensive opportunities for personal growth, such as education programs and (online) training courses
* Professional development is encouraged and supported
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.