Acorn Recruitment is seeking a Private Client and Commercial Conveyancing Paralegal for their client based in Aztec West. Salary for this position is circa £20,000 to £24,000 per annum based on experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Preparation of communications, contracts and documents as instructed by Fee Earner
* Processing new matters using case management system
* Providing conveyancing quotations
* Using the Land Registry portal for all appropriate elements in the conveyancing process
* Preparation of contract exchanges and completions in accordance with the Law Society formulae and preparing completion statements.
* Carrying out conveyancing searches. Completing and submitting on-line SDLT forms.
* Carrying out general office duties, including filing, faxing, photocopying and e-mailing.
* Answering telephone calls efficiently and politely and taking messages, updating solicitors, clients, brokers and estate agents as necessary.
* Assisting in general office administration duties, when necessary.
* Closing and archiving files when matter is completed. Check nil balance with Accounts and confirming destruction date with fee earner.
* Liaising with clients on all aspects of their cases, including meeting with them independently on a face to face basis to deal with minor issues.
Education / Qualifications:
* Law Degree or equivalent
Skills / Knowledge:
* Experience working in conveyancing
* Experience of completing administrative tasks
* Self-organised and proactive
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to maintain client confidentiality
* Adaptable to the needs of the business as changes occur during the operational requirements
* Competence in the effective use of Information and Communications Technologies (lCT)
* The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Ability to be flexible
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.