Acorn Executive Search is proud to be partnering with Cardiff City FC Community Foundation in the appointment of a new Head of Governance & Assurance.
This is an exciting post to form part of the foundations senior leadership team and provide necessary leadership for governance, risk management and assurance.
Cardiff City FC Community Foundation are the official charity of Cardiff City FC and this post will be instrumental in ensuring the organisation can continue to fulfil it's mission of supporting children, young people and families in South Wales in achieving their full potential.
This fantastic opportunity is offering a salary of £38,000 - £45,000 on a permanent basis. You'll receive 25 days annual leave along with bank holidays, plus additional time off as the Foundation closes for Christmas. Whilst it will be ideally full-time, we're happy to consider flexible working, part-time and/or hybrid working (Minimum of 4 days per week).
What you'll be doing:
* Support the foundation in the development and implementation of their new 5year strategic plan
* Lead and manage a small governance & assurance team
* Ensure the effective management of a board governance function, leading and managing the governance & assurance framework
* Support the board of Trustees, Foundation Director and other members of the Senior Leadership Team ensuring they are provided with effective advice and that all regulatory and statutory requirements are met
* Produce and develop as a living document, the Board Forward Plan, working closely with the Foundation Director & Chair.
* Develop and implement an annual programme of audits which addresses primary areas of risk, and ensuring agreed recommendations are planned and implemented
What we're looking for:
* Good experience of working with senior leadership teams and boards
* Experience of implementing risk management and assurance frameworks
* Knowledge of the Charity Governance Code
* An understanding of the regulatory environment including GDPR and H&S legislation
* Strong IT skills and the ability to work to a high standard, with knowledge of best practice and an eye for detail
* Ideally able to evidence continuation of professional development in the area of governance and assurance
Please note this isn't an exhaustive list of responsibilities and requirements, for the full job description and further information please see the attachments at the bottom of this page.
To discuss this position further, please reach out to Acorn for a confidential discussion.
Please register interest by Sunday 29th May. Upon registration, a consultant from Acorn will be in touch to discuss further. As part of your application, you'll be required to complete a short application form an equal opportunities monitoring form and a supporting statement. These documents can be found on Acorn's website with the details to the vacancy.
If shortlisted to interview, you'll be required to complete a short declaration form ahead of your interview.
Interviews are to be held during the week commencing 13th of June.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.