Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Port Talbot, South Wales
Salary: £34,500 - £37,500 per annum + benefits
We are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to support the Area Engineering Managers to effectively maintain all process and auxiliary equipment within the business units at Port Talbot Steelworks, with an aim to improving up time while reducing costs.
The Electrical Engineer will also provide practical and technical support within their area of expertise by performing necessary breakdown repairs, leading preventative maintenance activity and facilitating the promotion of plant and process improvements.
We can offer opportunities and support engineers who are looking to develop their skill set within a varied manufacturing environment. Our client have committed to a key investments in their South Wales operations over the next 5 years. We are building for the future and investing heavily in the running of our operations. We can offer support to engineers who are also looking to develop their professional qualifications through an established, internal development centre.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for effective Electrical Engineers with experience in fast paced heavy industrial manufacturing activities. You should be qualified to a minimum HNC and ideally HND / Degree level. We are looking for individuals with demonstrable background of an electrical engineering discipline, continuous improvement processes, preventative maintenance techniques, planning and implementing maintenance stops, reacting to faults & breakdowns and dealing with contractors.
The ideal candidate should be capable of demonstrating a good working knowledge and experience in:
* AC & DC electrical drives
* DSEAR and PUWER
* Electrical power distribution networks up to 11kV
* PLCs, (fault finding and programming)
* SCADA Systems
* Electrical fault finding and repair
* Reading circuitry schematics
* 18th Edition wiring regs
* SAP PM
* In depth knowledge of Permit Systems-Isolations, Permit to work etc
* Ideally IOSH qualified
* Ability to develop RA/SWP's and management systems
* Experience of managing contractors through PBS/ATW system
We require applicants to have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and be computer literate. The ability to work without close supervision, yet under pressure and to tight timescales is essential.
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Annual Pay Review
* Annual Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.