Job Title: Machinist - Engineering Shop Team Member
Salary: £29,751 plus 15% Shift Premium (£4,462) + Benefits
Work Pattern: Shifts
We are currently looking to recruit a Machinist for our Engineering Shop at our clients Corby site. The Engineering Shop provides services and support for our manufacturing operations. This includes general maintenance machining, roll reprofiling and preparation of test piece samples. This is primarily working with materials such as steel, alloys, tool steel, brass etc.
You will need to work a 40hr week on a 15 shift pattern, which covers Monday to Friday, days, backs and nights.
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Health, Safety and Environmental performance, adhering to the works procedures and PPE instructions / procedures and facilitating the team safety meetings.
* Take an active role in CI, maintaining and improving safety and housekeeping standards.
* Undertake safe operation of equipment and machines within the Engineering Shop, including basic maintenance.
* Carry out machining work on a range of machines; CNC lathes/mills, specialist roll stand lathes, manual centre lathes, milling machines, boring mills, planers, slotters, grinders, drills, saws etc
* Manufacture items to a high standard from existing drawings, within the expected delivery period.
* Collection/delivery of test piece samples and stands around site.
* Apprentice training within the scope of your skills
What are we looking for?
Applicants will possess the following skills and attributes:
* You must be a time served indentured mechanical craftsman,
* Must have experience of working within a safe system of work
* NVQ level 3 qualification in mechanical engineering
* Candidates should be experienced in the manual operation of lathes, boring, grinding and milling machines.
* Experience in operating CNC machines is advantageous (Fanuc, Philips, Heidenhain, Siemens, Prototrak)
* Be capable of interpreting technical drawings and standards,
* Be able to complete manual tasks up to 25kg in weight
* To work with COSHH regulations and have knowledge of substances working with them correctly
* Advantageous to have previous experience operating forklift/telehandler upto 8 tonne (training provided)
* Advantageous to have previous experience operating overhead crane upto 10 tonne (training provided)
* Valid driving licence
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.