Acorn Recruitment is searching for a Researcher with experience in the field of organic coatings or photovoltaics to join our client based in Swansea, South Wales.
Joining a team of coating based specialists, the purpose of the role is to optimise process and product quality while working alongside multi-disciplinary teams from R&D an plant technologists.
Duties will include:
* Supporting the coated products production, including tinplate (packaging steel), galvanising and organic coated (painted) steels, among others.
* The primary area of research will be focused on coated steel products relevant to the building envelope industry, producing innovative solutions to drive product and process improvements.
* Collaborate with research specialists in other UK R&D sites.
* Work in close cooperation with researchers from various disciplines in an open international culture with highly motivated colleagues.
To be considered for the opportunity, you will be a qualified Researcher, having obtained a M.Eng./Eng.D. or M.Sc./Ph.D. degree.
You should bring a proficient level of knowledge in materials science and analytical chemistry skills, or proven experience in the field of organic coatings research or photovoltaics technology. A good understanding of surface science and experience in microscopic and spectroscopic analysis techniques is a prerequisite.
In return, you will receive:
* A market competitive salary
* Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
* Quarterly Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.